August 11, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Biotech ProMIS Neurosciences Inc.’s monoclonal antibody in development for Alzheimer’s disease boasts a “unique” binding profile that could be “important to its clinical success,” noted a Leede Jones Gable report.
ProMIS Neurosciences Inc. (PMN:TSK; PMN:NCM) recently presented new data that reinforce how the binding profile of its monoclonal antibody (mAb) drug PMN310 differs from other biopharmas’ amyloid-targeting mAbs, reported Leede Jones Gable analyst Dr. Douglas Loe in an August 5, 2022 research note.
“Our investment thesis predicts that this uniqueness could be relevant to [PMN310’s] prospects as an Alzheimer’s disease-reversing therapy,” Loe added.
Specifically, Loe relayed, the data showed PMN310 selectively binds to neurotoxic beta amyloid oligomers and not to monomers or higher-order plaques. This was determined through a series of comparative tests ProMIS conducted on PMN310 and other mAbs. The biotech presented the findings via a poster session at the recent Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC).
“We believe that if toxic amyloid oligomers are shown in forthcoming years to be as relevant to Alzheimer’s disease cognitive impairment as we currently predict, [then] PMN310’s oligomer-selective binding can be important to its clinical success,” Loe wrote.
According to the analyst, the AAIC data achieve two ends. First, they “nicely show that PMN310 does indeed exhibit all of the oligomer-selective binding characteristics that it was designed to exhibit,” he wrote.
Second, the data give “us confidence that ProMIS is advancing well on its investigational new drug-enabling testing and that PMN310 can indeed advance into formal Phase 1 testing in fiscal year 2023.”
Loe reviewed the results of ProMIS’ experiments, in which it quantified, via surface plasmon resonance, and compared the degree of binding by PMN310 and other mAbs (Eli Lilly’s solanezumab and donanemab, Roche’s crenezumab, Eisai’s lecanemab and Biogen’s aducanumab) to various aggregated forms of beta amyloid.
The first set of tests assessed the binding of these mAbs to amyloid monomers. PMN310 bound minimally, but the presence of monomers only mildly affected the mAb’s ability to bind to its true target, larger oligomers. Donanemab also showed minimal binding, but where it falls short, Lowe wrote, is in its measurable degree of binding to amyloid plaques. Unlike PMN310 and donanemab, solanezumab and crenezumab showed a high degree of monomer binding.
ProMIS also evaluated the binding of the mAbs to low molecular weight amyloid oligomers, ranging from two to 12 amyloid monomers in aggregate, after they were preincubated with monomeric protein. All of the tested mAbs bound to these oligomers, Loe noted, but the preincubation had a greater effect on the mAbs exhibiting tighter binding to monomers, solanezumab and crenezumab.
Only PMN310 showed a high level of oligomer-selective binding, differentiating it from its peers.
In another battery of tests, ProMIS evaluated the binding of the mAbs to beta amyloid oligomers isolated from soluble brain extracts. All of the mAbs bound to those oligomers, lecanemab more so than the others.
Finally, ProMIS tested the binding of mAbs to amyloid plaques of the type found in Alzheimer’s disease patients’ brain tissue. PMN310 did not bind at all while all of the others, even lecanemab, did to some degree.
“Absence of detectable PMN310 binding to amyloid plaques could be as relevant to the mAb’s safety profile as to its efficacy in reversing oligomer-impacted cognitive impairment,” Loe commented.
Leed Jones Gable rates ProMIS Neurosciences Inc. a Speculative Buy with a $28.50 target price.
ProMIS Neurosciences Inc. last closed at $6.04 on August 9, 2022. The company has around 7.2 million shares outstanding and a market cap of $44.81 million. It is currently trading at $7.74.
1) Doresa Banning wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: ProMIS Neurosciences Inc. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with None. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of ProMIS Neurosciences Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures for Leede Jones Gable, ProMIS Neurosciences Inc., Aug. 5, 2022
Leede Jones Gable Inc. (LJG) is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). This document is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or instrument or to participate in any particular investing strategy. Data from various sources were used in the preparation of these documents; the information is believed but in no way warranted to be reliable, accurate and appropriate.
All information is as of the date of publication and is subject to change without notice. Any opinions or recommendations expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of LJG. LJG cannot accept any trading instructions via e-mail as the timely receipt of e-mail messages, or their integrity over the Internet, cannot be guaranteed. Dividend yields change as stock prices change, and companies may change or cancel dividend payments in the future. All securities involve varying amounts of risk, and their values will fluctuate, and the fluctuation of foreign currency exchange rates will also impact your investment returns if measured in Canadian Dollars. Past performance does not guarantee future returns, investments may increase or decrease in value and you may lose money. LJG employees may buy and sell shares of the companies that are recommended for their own accounts and for the accounts of other clients. LJG employees may buy and sell shares of the companies that are recommended for their own accounts and for the accounts of other clients. Disclosure codes are used in accordance with Policy 3400 of IIROC.
Description of Disclosure Codes:
1. LJG and its affiliates collectively beneficially own 1% or more of any class of equity securities of the company.
2. The analyst or any associate of the analyst responsible for the report or public comment hold shares or is short any of the company’s securities directly or through derivatives.
3. LJG or a director or officer of LJG or any analyst provided services to the company for remuneration other than normal investment advisory or trade execution services within the preceding 12 months.
4. LJG provided investment banking services for the company during the 12 months preceding the publication of the research report.
5. LJG expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking services in the next three months.
6. The analyst preparing the report received compensation based upon LJG investment banking revenues for this issuer.
7. The director, officer, employee, or research analyst is an officer, director or employee of the company, or serves in an advisory capacity to the company.
8. LJG acts as a market maker of the company.
9. The analyst has conducted a site visit and has viewed a major facility or operation of the issuer.
10. The company has paid for all, or a material portion, of the travel costs associated with the site visit by the analyst.
Dissemination: All final research reports are disseminated to existing and potential institutional clients of Leede Jones Gable Inc. (LJG) in electronic form to intended recipients thorough e-mail and third-party aggregators. Research reports are posted to the LJG website and are accessible to customers who are entitled the firm’s research. Reproduction of this report in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Research Analyst Certification: The Research Analyst(s) who prepare this report certify that their respective report accurately reflects his/her personal opinion and that no part of his/her compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations or views as to the securities or companies. Leede Jones Gable Inc. (LJG) compensates its research analysts from a variety of sources and research analysts may or may not receive compensation based upon LJG investment banking revenue.
This research report was prepared by Leede Jones Gable Inc. (LJG), a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). This report does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities discussed herein. LJG is not registered as a broker-dealer in the United States and is not be subject to U.S. rules regarding the preparation of research reports and the independence of research analysts. Any resulting transactions should be effected through a U.S. broker-dealer.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
BiotechIndustryStocks.com – investing ideas in biotechnology stocks, medical technology and life sciences
Like Biotech Stocks? View our Biotech Stocks Directory